No. You cannot begin the process by simply emailing a copy of your application to the NBCA Land Use/Zoning Committee or to NPU-B.
In order to begin the process for a variance, rezoning or subdivision, you must start by filing an application with the appropriate department at the City of Atlanta.
After you file your application with the city, it will then be sent by the city to NPU-B. If your application is in North Buckhead, NPU-B will then notify you to contact the NBCA Land Use/Zoning Committee.
Once you receive this notice from NPU-B, you should immediately contact the NBCA Land Use/Zoning Committee. At that point, you will need to do the following:
– You will need to make arrangements with the NBCA Land Use/Zoning Committee for an onsite visit.
– You will also need to email a complete copy of your application (including the referral certificate you received from the city) to the NBCA Land Use Zoning Committee. Any site plans, drawings or photographs in support of your application should also be provided.
– You will also need to contact all adjoining and affected property owners to advise them of your application, and obtain a written response regarding their position on your application. Each of these responses should clearly identify the owner and address of such properties. It is not necessary that the owners of the surrounding properties agree to your application, but you must provide written evidence that you have contacted them and state what their position is. You must provide these letters to the NBCA Land Use/Zoning Committee, and you will also be asked to provide them when you go before NPU-B.
– You will need to attend the scheduled meeting of the North Buckhead Land Use/Zoning Committee and present your case.
– Thereafter, the North Buckhead Land Use/Zoning Committee will send its recommendation and report to the city of Atlanta and to the NPU-B Zoning Committee.
– After your hearing before the North Buckhead Land Use/Zoning Committee, you will have to go before the NPU-B Zoning Committee and any necessary city boards or commissions. As stated above, it is your responsibility to coordinate your appearance with those bodies and make sure you have followed all applicable requirements.